Asst. Chief Maier has posted some photos to share and provide an update to the Rescue 1 Refurb project.
- Completed: The truck was completely stripped and the old obsolete scene light fixtures were removed.
- Completed: The cascade fill station and cylinders were removed.
- Completed: Body repairs were made and the entire exterior of the truck was repainted.
- Completed: New scene lighting was installed.
- Completed: New compartment lights have been installed.
- Completed: New rims have been installed.
- Current project: Power outlets are being installed in compartments.
- Current project: The winch has been reinstalled, and a new bumper is being constructed.
- Current project: Finish installing a few more lights and lenses.
- Next to do : Put the graphics back on.
- Next to do : A few small fabrication projects and odds and ends.
After Anchor Richey has completed their portion( probably in the next few weeks) we will bring the truck back to Huntersville to prepare it for the final Stage of Refurb which will be the compartment construction and layout in Ohio. That phase is expected to take an additional 6-8 weeks. This project has really taken shape, it’s exciting to see the updates. I hope y’all enjoy. Thank you to Chief Maier and the committee for making this happen!