October was a pretty busy month and kept your Huntersville Fire Department busy as we ran 544 calls for service. Our Training continues to be top notch as we have had some structures donated again to get real life training on.
Along with our day-to-day responses and training our Off Duty firefighters have been using their EMT skills at local football games throughout the town.
- Fire Related Responses:
- Fire Alarm Activations – 81
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm Activations – 11
- Structure Fire Responses – 22
- Electrical Hazards – 2
- Gas Leak Indoor/Outdoor – 20
- Outside Fire Responses – 11
- Vehicle Fire Responses – 5
- Odor Outside – 1
- Explosion – 3
- Brush Fire – 9
- Fuel Spill – 1
- Mutual Aid – 1
- Bomb Threat – 1
- Industrial/Machine – Entrapment – 1
- Citizen Assist Related Responses – 13
- Traffic Accident-related Responses – 69
- Medical Emergency Related Responses – 294
Thank you to our Training Chief and his team for working to get us some acquired structures to train on, all our members appreciate the opportunity to get such valuable hands-on experience. For the next couple months we will be training on Statesville Rd. just across from Parks Chevrolet on an acquired structure.
As always, thank you to all of our Firefighters for the hard work, sweat, and dedication to the wonderful residents of this great town!