On Sunday our firefighters responded to a structure fire in Station 3’s area and found a fire in the chimney area of the house. Along with a quick response from our auto aid department Odell Fire and Rescue we were able to make a stop on the fire and minimize the damage to the rest of the house. We see these types of fire all too often and wanted to spread the word on the importance of Chimney maintenance and cleaning. Most experts recommend that you clean your chimney or hire chimney cleaning services at least once a year. The best time is before you begin frequent burning, so during the warm season in spring and summer. Thankfully we were able to be on the scene in under 5 minutes and the crew from Station 3 did an awesome job. We are always ready to respond and help when you need us.