August has been another busy month for the Huntersville Fire Department as we ran 457 calls for service and dealt with some very hot and humid days. We spent some time on the lake with calls and training as well as some very good Forcible Entry training at our Station 1. We have experienced some intense storms as of late but thankfully they resulted in very minor injuries if any at all.
Along with our day to day responses and training our Off Duty firefighters have been using their EMT skills at local football games throughout the town.
- Fire Related Responses:
- Fire Alarm Activations – 59
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm Activations – 6
- Structure Fire Responses – 18
- Electrical Hazards – 14
- Gas Leak Indoor/Outdoor – 14
- Outside Fire Responses – 6
- Vehicle Fire Responses – 6
- Confined Space Incident/Collapse – 1
- Fuel Spill – 1
- Mutual Aid/Lincoln County – 1
- Odor Outside – 1
- Smoke Investigation – 2
- Boat Related Responses – 2
- Citizen Assist Related Responses – 30
- Traffic Accident related Responses – 45
- Medical Emergency Related Responses – 252
Thank you to all of our Firefighters for the hard work, sweat, and dedication to the wonderful residents of this great town!